Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baguette Injury Inspires Poem


Feeding Frenzy

I hurt myself with a baguette today.
While I was eating it,
shards of crust stabbed my lip.
It felt delicious.

I only want to eat like this, from now on.
I want the food to fight back.
It tastes better that way
and makes me feel more like a shark.

Take the mighty blowfish, for example,
who can kill a man
with poison, long after it,
itself, is dead on a plate.

who must be drowned in Armagnac
in order to taste just so,
obviously, of course.

No more insipid bagels.
Only food with dignity 
will pass these lips
scratching, kicking, biting, stinging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To go through such an ordeal and be able to fight back to spread word of the dangers of sandwiches is an inspiration to us all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails