Friday, April 10, 2009

Band of Traveling Minstrels

My neighborhood in Paris is decidedly uncool. It is historic and charming, but it is not an area where any self-respecting Parisian fashionista would settle. If a neighborhood can be awkward, mine is; and obviously, that's why I like it. 

Case in point: last Sunday I woke up, threw open the windows (as I do with an overly dramatic flourish every Sunday morning), and noticed there was a bit of a commotion going on down the street. Sunday, market day, is always chaotic, but this was clearly something special. 

When I finally made it outside, I came upon this: 
  

No need to be alarmed. Just a band of traveling minstrels. 



Rarely do I come across a scene that inspires me to SPRINT home for my camera, but I didn't have to think twice about this one. 

1 comment:

iWoo said...

Wild. In a square near my home (where Leonard Cohen is rumoured to live) I saw a man and a woman doing what looked like hi-speed team tai-chi while someone filmed. It was fun to watch, but not nearly as photogenic!

This, however, looks like amazing fun. What were they singing about?

Public spectacles in:
1) Montreal: modern dance
2) Paris: minstrels

Point goes to Paris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails