Friday, June 26, 2009

Good-bye Scuba Cop, Roller Cop, Gas Mask Cop...

I'm leaving Paris on Tuesday--for the summer, for the for-seeable future, maybe forever. 

Why? 

There are plenty of legal, spiritual, psychological, and unexplainable factors involved. Mostly, the law is weighing heavily on my soul. My international reputation is in peril. All year, the sight of a police officer has given me a little jolt of excited terror. And, oh, the variety of police officers here is unparalleled...

There is a tribute to all of them on the side of the prefecture de police on the Ile de la Cite. So here is my tribute to that tribute:







4 comments:

Gillian said...

where are you going?!

Victoria (Tory) Hoen said...

I don't know! Montreal for now.

Paul said...

WOW, I just came across this. Well done, I enjoyed the blogs, and knowing that, as an American relocated to France, my experiences in adjusting were not so bizarre ;-)

Rebecca said...

I really enjoyed all your Paris blogs, thanks for helping me realise it can be possible to move to the city! Good luck, wherever else you are moving :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails