Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adrenaline

Travel rush! There's nothing like the thrill of hitting the "Finish" button when booking plane tickets online... especially when said tickets will send me back to Paris for a month! My fingers are still trembling...

I must admit, though I'm loving life in New York, I am always--quietly and not so quietly--pining for Paris. It's the little things that I really miss: pas trop cuit baguettes (crunchy outside, soft inside), sunsets over the Seine, vodka pomme on command...

It's not that you can't find fresh bread in New York, it's just that you have to put in some effort to do so. And recently it has become abundantly clear: I am lazy. I will eat a jar of peanut butter for dinner if it's the only thing in the cupboard, which it often is. Whoa, I'm gross and lazy.

Anyway, this Moveable Beast can't wait to get back to Paris (where I will probably start pining for real peanut butter as soon as I arrive). I guess the grass is always greener. But from here, the Parisian grass is looking really, really absurdly green...

2 comments:

beki said...

finally, i'm going to paris! even if it is 2 and a 1/2 hours before i travel on to Nancy, I am NOT complaining :D at least i can say that i've been to paris ^^

Claire * Lola Is Beauty said...

That is so strange. I've just discovered your blog, love your writing and been getting that feeling of jealousy/motivation to get myself back in Paris again from reading your posts. But the strange part is that I just ate 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter for dinner (in London) I should be in Paris, what am I doing here??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails