Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cycle of Cultural Confusion

When I'm in France, I write about being an American in Paris. And when I'm in New York, it seems logical to write about being French in New York (Time Out article to come in a few weeks). I've managed to ingratiate myself with a good number of French restaurant / shop owners in New York, and it's almost as good as being in Paris. (Except not at all).

So I don't really know where I fit, but seeing as I'm both a faux Parisian and a faux New Yorker, I have become quite comfortable faking my way on both sides of the Atlantic.

Anyway, I'm gearing up to head to Paris this week, but in the meantime, here's a recent post I wrote for Hip Paris—as usual, not to be taken too seriously.

How To Be a Parisienne: Ten Golden Rules

2 comments:

Andi said...

I think that is the plight of an expat!

Res I(p)sa said...

Loved your golden rules (sadly, my partly German genes, mixed in with the American upringing, means I can only manage about half of them.

By the way, if you ever figure out where you're supposed to be, please let me know how you did it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails